Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I just took an ADD test online.

My name is spelled ADDY.
In like fifth-ish grade, one of my friends started calling me ADD...y.
Later, it got shortened to simply ADD.
At first I was very offended.
Now, almost four years later, I just respond to it.
It's sort of stuck.
For any of you who know me personally, ADD is rather fitting.
And I tend to joke around about me being attention deficit quite often.
& I'm actually really afraid to get myself tested for ADD because I'm so sure it will come out positive.
So I just took an ADD test online.
The questions were like follows:
Question #1: At home, work, or school I find my mind wandering from tasks that are uninteresting or difficult.
Not at all.
Just a little.
Somewhat.
Moderately.
Quite a lot.
Very much.
My answer: Very much.

Question #3: Especially in groups, I find it hard to stay focused on what is being said in conversations.
My answer: Very much.

Question #4: I have a quick temper... a short fuse.
My answer: Somewhat.

Question #6: I say things without thinking and later regret having said them.
My answer: Very much.

Question #9: My moods have highs and lows.
My answer: Very much.

Question #13: I am almost always on the go.
My answer: Very much.

Question #15: In conversations I start to answer questions before the questions have been fully asked.
My answer: Very much.

Question #19: Even when sitting quietly, I am usually moving my hands or feet.
My answer: Very much.

Question #23: I am unable to stop daydreaming.
My answer: Very much.

Question #24: I am distressed by the disorganized way my brain works.
My answer: Very much.

In case you were wondering, I answered "very much" to every question except the ones about being grouchy and irritable. Here's what the computer said when I finished my quiz:

You scored a total of 106

It is highly likely that you are presently suffering from adult attention deficit disorder, according to your responses on this self-report questionnaire. You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately.

hmmmm.


No comments: