Thursday, August 30, 2012

Manifesto Ultimatum: Day 4: Ashtanga With Addy, All I've Ever Really Loved is Semi-Colons

So look: There'd be this movie and they'd call it "All my Love, Addy" (runner up movie titles would be "Ashtanga With Addy: An At-Home Yoga Practice for Yogis Who Just Can't Get Enough: Yogi is the New Sexy" and "The Only Thing I've Ever Really Loved is Semi-Colons (and also my Family and Boys)").

The soundtrack (in no particular order) would be as follows:
1.) "Squealing Pigs" by Admiral Fallow
2.) "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers
3.) "Rivers and Roads" by The Head and The Heart
4.) "New Soul" by Yael Niem
5.) "Naive" by The Kooks
6.) "Oxford Comma" by Vampire Weekend
7.) "Killin' It" by Krewella
8.) "Bad Karma" by Ida Maria
9.) "Blood" by The Middle East
10.) "Casimir Pulaski Day" by Sufjan Stevens
11.) "My Body" by Young the Giant
12.) "Sister Rosetta" by The Noisettes
13.) "Good Day" by Nappy Roots
14.) "Take Me or Leave Me" from Rent
15.) "Fluorescent Adolescent" by Arctic Monkeys
16.) "A Beautiful Mess" by Jason Mraz (This song is about me. No joke. Go look up the lyrics. Especially if you know me. It's about me.)

Here's the thing: I wish I could cast this movie or name this movie or even tell you a real soundtrack for this movie (all I was really doing up there was naming my favorite songs), but I can't. I wish I could name my Love Interest (Ryan Gosling (See what I did there?)) or tell you how it'd go, but I can't. I'm only 17 years old. I have my whole entire life ahead of me. I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow until it happens, and then if we made my movie today, it'd be outdated and inaccurate by the end of tomorrow. "I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."

I can't tell you about my movie, but I can tell you what I hope it will be, what I'm going to make it be, and something I can tell you is this: I'm going to be an English teacher, that's what I've finally figured out, because Shakespeare? He wrote with the beat of your heart.

William Shakespeare wrote because of your heartbeat, and that is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.

The Olympics in 1942 were in Berlin.
All my love,
Addy

No comments: